Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started My Business - Shaun Stenning


I’ve found that starting a business is one of the most exciting adventures that you could ever embark upon. Like most things, the first time you try, you learn the hard way through trial and error. 


According to Shaun Stenning, “Running a business sounds appealing, but the reality of it speaks for itself. As an entrepreneur, you step into a world where nobody is telling you what to do, or what to avoid, and your income depends solely on you.” 


“Having been an entrepreneur for a couple of years now, I don’t think I’ve arrived. But I am further on my journey than some of you.” Shaun said. 


This is why I decided to put together a list of things I wish I knew before I started my business. My hope is that you will learn from my mistakes and avoid them.


Never Lose Sight of Your Customers

Your business strategy must be aligned with creating value for your customer base or it won’t last. You should always be in touch with how you are solving your customer’s needs. 


Focus on what you’re good at

Running a business you know nothing about, or even worse, don’t enjoy, will completely drain your energy. 


Stay ahead of time

Huge money makers are constantly ahead of time. They are not adjusting to the present time, but they create the future time.


Hard work doesn’t equal results

This is where I see many of my clients get trapped. They tend to be busy, thinking that business equals productivity. It does NOT! Being productive is all about focusing on the right activities and getting them done.


Celebrate your accomplishments

This is my final, but a very important point for today. Recognize and celebrate your accomplishments, write them down to make it easy to get back to them later.


Even if you follow the advice listed above that doesn't mean that you're going to be mistake-free when starting your business. Every business owner will encounter their own specific set of problems to overcome - which means there are going to be plenty of instances of trial and error.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Heart of Giving: The Impact of Donating in Your Local Community by Shaun Stenning

Shaun Stenning Opinion About Things Teens Can Do to Prepare for Financial Independence

Som Tum, Thai Spicy Green Papaya Salad, Thai Food by Shaun Stenning